Hi Keith. Which product are you using? Xpedition, PADS Professional, or PADS?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
In both Pads and Xpedition, the code is written as such that the connection point is at the center of all pads. This allows the DRC checks to work properly.
But in Xpedition and Pads Professional you have the ability to control pad entry with this dialog.
Pads unfortunately. By what Vern has said I am stuck with this feature. So i have to hit the center of the pad for it to accept the route. Witch means if my grid is set so that my cursor will not hit the center of a pad, i have either set a new grid or zoom out until i get the target to appear. Before Mentor i was able to hit any part of the pad and it would connect to the center of the pad. Now it seems like if have to wait until i see the target before i select to end the route otherwise it will not connect. There must be something that can be done to avoid this. Maybe increase my cursor box size?
Just to note...
This is not an issue in Xpedition or Pads Professional. You can easily route gridless, and the pad centers automatically snap as you arrive near the pads.
A couple of questions/comments:
1. What are you using for interactive routing: PADS Layout or PADS Router?
2. What are your routing grid settings and the shape/size of pads that create completion problems?
3. Have you tried to use double-click (instead of single click to complete your connection?
4. If you haven't tried Router you can try it - it's more user friendly - once your cursor is inside the pad it auto-completes
and you need just click to confirm created pad entry pattern. (This may not work if you have big mismatches between
routing grid and the pad size).
5. Could you provide a sample design that shows this problem?
I went into my tool/options/general and changed cursor style to large cross and pick radius from 5 to 10. The result, it made
selecting the center of the pad much easier and i am happy again Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate
everyones input. Take care all.