1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2018 11:40 AM by weston_beal

FREQ RESPONSE ANALYSIS OF A PASSIVE BP FILTER

msshiva96

Gd evng, guys...

I designed one ELLIPTIC BANDPASS FILTER in ADS tool and finally a PCB too..i verified the simulation too in the same ADS tool but now I want to check the same freq response and the signal flow from input port to output port in the same PCB so is there any option to see the FREQ RESPONSE or OTHER in HYPERLYNX TOOL ...i heard that we can assign a BUFFER/DRIVER at both ports of a PCB after exporting to FREE-FORM SCHEMATIC from HYPERLYNX TOOL thereafter we can observe the FREQ SWEEP of my filter PCB..IS anyone know about this freq response analysis guys...

• 1. Re: FREQ RESPONSE ANALYSIS OF A PASSIVE BP FILTER
          weston_beal

Shiva,

The S parameter extraction is HyperLynx BoardSim and LineSim is quite easy to use. You can probably extract the S parameters over whatever frequency you need directly in BoardSim. The ports will automatically be placed at component pins. If you need the ports at a different location then you can export the traces and reference nets to LineSim for editing the net. Here is an article with more details about S-parameter extraction in HyperLynx SI.

https://support.mentor.com/knowledge-base/MG558504

If you have further questions, feel free to tell us what you have tried and where in the process you have questions.

Regards,

Weston