I am not sure it can be defined directly in PADS Logic, but you can do it in the .txt.
For new schematics:
1) Open the 'default.txt' file in a text editor.
2) It is normally located in C:\MentorGraphics\PADSVX.2.2\SDD_HOME\Settings\
3) Find the 'NETNAMESIZE 100 10 Height and LineWidth used by net names' line.
4) Modify to 'NETNAMESIZE 90 10 Height and LineWidth used by net names'.
5) Save the default.txt file.
For existing schematics:
1) Use 'File > Export' to export the schematic to a .txt file.
2) Open the .txt file in a text editor.
3) Do the same modification as above.
4) Save as .txt file.
5) Open a new empty schematic and remove everything (sheet border and similar).
7) Import the .txt file you saved earlier.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the response, however, doing this did not change anything, it still has the same behavior. New net labels are created at size 7 after modifying both text files. I made sure to completely close down PADS as well.
Used Preview.sch as a test. This defaults to 'NETNAMESIZE 100 10 Height and LineWidth used by net names'
1) Export to Preview.txt
2) Modify the NETNAMSIZE line to:
3) NETNAMESIZE 200 10 Height and LineWidth used by net names
4) Save Preview.txt file.
5) Open Logic.
6) Delete any content (title block)
7) Import Preview.txt.
8) When adding a netname it now defaults to 200mils.
Restarting Logic after changing 'Tools > Options > Text' might be the trick here.