3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2009 1:23 PM by Jerry_Suiter

Expedition 2007.5

A question for those people using 2007.5, do you feel it is a good stable release?  What are the pros and cons of moving to it from 2007.3?

• 1. Re: Expedition 2007.5
          keith.cowan

Transitioning to 2007.5 was not an option. With the DC / Exp CDB flow update 7 broke our Xtreme tools. So, the move to 2007.5 was the only option to stay productive with Xtreme. The 2007.5 then forced us to move to the iCDB server, which is broken in auto starting the remote server. Ours has to be started manually. Another set back but we can work with what we have manually.

The iCDB process has caused several problems with locking files up, caused issues with coping files for review,. I understand the concept that Mentor is heading for, but this method has caused more problems than offered benefit.

Help manuals are lacking with CES. Setup with virtual pins in topologies,,,, placing virtual pins is lacking, they should have options of snapping to objects. Bugs with placing virtual pins to differental pairs,,, crashing the software.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Expedition 2007.5
            yu.yanfeng

We will migrate to EE 2007.5 in next month.Whatever 2007.5 is stable with previous release and some new features be added,for openGL support and especially for integration wiht HL 8.0,templates-based Circuit Copy supported in Xtremepcb. Of course, there are some known-bugs not be dressed in this release.

Yanfeng

• 3. Re: Expedition 2007.5
              Jerry_Suiter

Hello,

Keith, it’s good to see you on the community.  I would like to respond to the issues you have raised:

·        The 2007.5 then forced us to move to the iCDB server, which is broken in auto starting the remote server.

o   This seems to indicate you cannot get the RSCM working to automatically start up the iCDB remote server.  I don’t see this issue myself so it might be something specific to your configuration/environment.  Can you confirm and provide what specific issue your seeing when the RSCM services fails?

·        The iCDB process has caused several problems with locking files up, caused issues with coping files for review

o   Is this something new to 2007.5?  As I understand this issue, your trying to copy a project that is being edited correct?  Since the iCDB Server is operating on the project dynamically updating the database on disk, this type of file system copy is not something I would recommend. 

·        Setup with virtual pins in topologies,,,, placing virtual pins is lacking, they should have options of snapping to objects. Bugs with placing virtual pins to differental pairs,,, crashing the software.

o   In 2007.5 you can shift drag move a Virtual Pins onto a via in route mode and it will snap to vias automatically.  The good news is we are currently working on a project specific to Virtual Pins within the system to improve their usage and support more use cases.

Jerry Suiter

ExpeditionPCB/XtremePCB Product Marketing Manager