4 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2009 2:55 PM by cnjhw99

Calibre DRC error

cnjhw99

Hey guys, I am new to Calibre verification tools. I just got error message after I run DRC (it pops out when DRC RVE starts):

"Format error at line 8

Line too long or other failure."

The DRC check was completed successfully. I checked the result file (ASCII format). The first few lines are:

"pre_drv 1000
      DRAWN_OFFGRID
      0 0 6 May 14 22:22:08 2009                    
      Rule File Pathname: /home/csd/cal_drc/pre_drv/_Calibre_DRC_amis350ubakxx.rf_
      Rule File Title: Technology Name:    amis350ubakxx
                     File Name:        Calibre_DRC_amis350ubakxx.rf
                     Rule Rev:        Rev4.11.2

DRAWN_OFFGRID -- Standard layout grid is 0.050 - except for POLY and CONTACT it is 0.025.
      NON45
      0 0 6 May 14 22:22:08 2009                    
      Rule File Pathname: /home/csd/cal_drc/pre_drv/_Calibre_DRC_amis350ubakxx.rf_
      Rule File Title: Technology Name:    amis350ubakxx
                     File Name:        Calibre_DRC_amis350ubakxx.rf
                     Rule Rev:        Rev4.11.2

..."

You can see the line 8 is blank... I have no idea how the error comes. The DRC RVE did not display the drc errors line by line...  So guys please help me out. Thanks for any idea...

• 1. Re: Calibre DRC error
          cnjhw99

The question is still there. Any comments?

BTW, I did LVS with the same cell, everything was just fine. Calibre LVS RVE displayed the LVS errors, so I can correct them one by one...

• 2. Re: Calibre DRC error
            chris_balcom

I see something that may be a little odd in that example. I'm going to try a quick experiment and let you know if I come up with anything.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Calibre DRC error
              chris_balcom

My experiment ran okay, I did not see the same error as you when I tried to recreate it.

I was suspecting something with the TITLE statement, especially with that blank line, but I was able to load results with a similar title in my experiment.

Still, since the line reported in the error is right there near the title, you might consider an experimental run where you comment out the TITLE line in your rulefile in case it helps or changes the behavior for you.

• 4. Re: Calibre DRC question
                cnjhw99

Hey Chris,

It's amasing!!!! The error message just gone and everything works like perfect after I comment out the TITLE line in the rule file! Thank you so much!

Have a nice weekend!

Hongwei