4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2009 3:03 PM by Joel_Pointon

Importing wires into Design from harness

justin.mininni

Hello,

I am using VeSys 2008.2 and I'm importing wires from the harness drawings into the schematics using the .dsi files. I have two issues:

1)   Most of the wires import, but I can't figure out why some do not. Looking at the "Import Wire Properties Preveiw", it shows me the circuits that will not import and says "Wire not found in circuit".  I have gone back through both the harness drawing and the schematics and double checked the endpoints to ensure they are the same. What would be the reason for some of the circuits not importing if all of my wire ends match between the design and harness??  Perhaps there is an issue with the system??... see next issue.

2)   I get the same error as mentioned above, but if I shut down VeSys, re-open it and import the wires again, there is no longer an issue.  This seems to happen quite a bit but I still do however, have the issue mentioned above on two harnesses even if I re-start VeSys.

Can anyone provide any suggestions on what I can do to figure out why these few circuits won't import?   If my issues aren't understandable, please let me know and I will try to explain better.

Thank you for your time!!

Justin

• 1. Re: Importing wires into Design from harness
          Nuri

Hi Justin,

I think it would be best for someone to see your designs, and the best forum for that is to raise a service request on SupportNet.

In addition to the steps to reproduce, they will need to know what version of AutoCAD you are using.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 2. Re: Importing wires into Design from harness
            Joel_Pointon

Hi Justin,

Is your Design using Wire Breaks?  The reason I ask is because VeSys tries to avoid constantly updating Wire Break links in because it takes a couple of seconds on really large drawings, this can lead to the minor problem when importing wires it doesn't realise they are linked - this normally happens on the first opening of the drawing or even swapping between lots of drawings.

If you are using Wire Breaks and you notice the problem wires are always going across Wire Breaks you can hover over the Wire Break and see if the Leader Line appears showing the location of the Linked Wire Break, if they don't then you need to refresh the link by editing a Wire Break and then clicking OK.

• 3. Re: Importing wires into Design from harness
              justin.mininni

Just to give you guys an update.  I did submit a support ticket to Mentor Graphics for this issue.  I have been working with one of their personnel who has been able to re-produce this problem using my files.  They are currently trying to figure this one out.  I will let you know!

Regards,

Justin

• 4. Re: Importing wires into Design from harness
                Joel_Pointon

Hi Justin,

If you open the dsi with say Notepad you should be able to see if the wires are actually in there, the other thing to check is that the wires in your Design are actually connected to the same pins.  I have seen on a few occasions where it looks like the wire is connected to a pin but on closer inspection it isn't.