Holding down Ctrl when you create the connector will automatically assign the pins.
PinX is the default naming convention and cannot be changed however if you assign a library part with the pin name X (1,2,3) it will rename the pins within the wiring design.
I'm happy to see that there is a way to add devices/conn with pins.
However, when I add the 60 way plug to the device, it removes all cavity names. I have added the connector to the component library and under the 'cavity names' tab, it shows 1-60.
I have tried this both ways:
1) I have added the part from the library and it does not show the pins, even if I hold the ctrl key.
2) I have also added a plug, and then went into it's properties and added the library part through that process and it doesn't seem to work.
Am I missing a step?
The flow I am describing is as follows.
- From the toolbar select > Add Plug or Receptacle Connector
- Click to define the first corner of the Connector > Hold down the ctrl key before clicking to define the second corner of the connector (This should create a Connector with 60 pins showing with names PinX)
- Ensure you have a 60 pin connector with the correct pin defintions in your library
- Select the connnector you have just created > Right Click > Properties > Select "Library" Add > Select your 60 pin connector from the library > Insert
- You will be promped whether you wish to "Map Pins" > Ok (The connector is now assigned and the pin names should be as you want them)
I have gone through the process as descirbed by you. When I get to the "Map Pins" step, after I choose OK, all of the pin names erase.
The Changes dialog reads:
Pin 'PIN1' will be removed
Pin 'PIN2' will be removed
Pin 'PIN3' will be removed...
How come it is not listing them as 1,2,3?
For some reason it does not like my 60 way connector.
I just added a 4 way and did the same process and it worked fine. I checked the library and they seem to be exactly the same besides the # of cavities. I can't figure out why one works and the other doesn't. I may just delete the 60 way and re-add it.
In your pin mapping dialogue what is listed, under Library Part you should have 1,2,3,....and under Instance Pins you should have Pin1, Pin2, Pin3...I have attached a copy of mine for reference.
It sounds like you are gettting there with it, as you say the 60 pin library component sounds like it has been created incorrectly.
When I got to that step, mine did not show anything listed in the "Library Part" dialog.
I just went ahead and deleted the 60 way and re-added it to the library and now it works. Not sure what the problem was.
Sorry for taking up your time on such minor issues. Thank you for the help!
You are on the road that is the main thing.
Any other issues let us know