3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 5:51 AM by robert_davies

Interface Connector appearing on Both levels of hierarchy

I have a hierarchial schematic page on which there is an Interface connector, why does this connector also appear on the top level, I only want it to be visible on the underlying page.  Is there a component attribute I need to modify?

Thanks

Brian.

• 1. Re: Interface Connector appearing on Both levels od hierarchy
          robert_davies

Can you provide more details, a screen shot perhaps and the process you went through to get to this position.

Rob

• 2. Re: Interface Connector appearing on Both levels od hierarchy

Robert– I’ve just got round this by bussing the signals on the schematic page.

Basically, I have an 8 schematic design, and one top level

Created from a bottom up approach, i.e. schematics first.

Generated symbols from schems.

One page has(d)  10 inter page connectors; 8 were ‘IN’ 8 were ‘OUT’

When the symbol was created from this page, the interpage nets appeared on the top level symbol.

No rush for an answer now I have a way forward, but would like to know how to fix it for the next time round !

• 3. Re: Interface Connector appearing on Both levels od hierarchy
              robert_davies

Brian,

Are you sure the 'inter-page' connectors are of the correct type, these should be 'annotate' symbols that just connect across sheets of the same level. For hierarchical connections you use 'ports' which are 'pin' type symbols, these will be used by the Generate Symbol command to create the I/O of the block representation of the schematic. If you use 'pin' types for on-sheet or off-sheet connectors you will get these on your block symbol, similarly if you use the Add Ports button instead of the Add on-sheet/off-sheet Connectors you will get the same result.

I have just run a test to confirm this is all working as expected.

Regards,

Rob