6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 4:06 AM by dave_wallace

Connector Attributes

jkoogler

In the Connector Attributes tab, there are two entries that seem to not be referenced in the help section. They are Min. OD Mat Seal and Max. OD Mat Seal. Can anyone explain what these are for? Please excuse my ignorance as I am completely new to Vesys 2.0 and even Classic for that matter. Which brings me to my next observation that there is a lack of information for the Component side of 2.0. There are now webinars, test drives or even examples in the help files. Also the help files seem to have discrepancies and missing info, case and point above.

• 1. Re: Connector Attributes
          Nuri

Hi,

There is a VeSys 2.0 Components Test Drive, available at the IESD Academy.  As for the online help, I will review this and get corrections made where needed. 

VeSys 2.0 Components is 100% identical to CHS Capital Library, and as such there are some fields that are only used by CHS, the two you identified are part of that group.  With VeSys 2.0 Components 2010.1 the user interface will be significantly simplified (throughout the tools).  If you have any questions about this then please contact Support.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 2. Re: Connector Attributes
            mike_templeman

Hi jkoogler,

Since you're completely new, i'd recommend getting started with the VeSys 2.0 test drives.  You can access them from Help > IESD Academy > Test Drives...

Then click on the VeSys 2.0 heading to access the Test Drives.  From here you will also be able to access the Components test drive.  Click on the "practice" link to download the PDF test drive.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3. Re: Connector Attributes
              jkoogler

Mike, Thanks for the link. This should be helpful, as the links in the IESD Acadamey when Vesys starts up are dead.

Regards,

Jay

• 4. Re: Connector Attributes
                mike_templeman

Hi Jay,

The links should work! Please create a Service Request at supportnet.mentor.com an applications engineer needs to take a look if you're experiencing issues.

Are you using a particular browser at all?

Thanks,

Mike

• 5. Re: Connector Attributes
                  jkoogler

The links for the component test drive are dead from this page. The test drive seems to work fine. I am using IE7 for a browser. We are in the middle of renewing our support agreement so as soon as that is done I will open a ticket. I found a couple of issue with the link you sent me this morning also.

Thanks,

Jay

New Picture.bmp

• 6. Re: Connector Attributes
                    dave_wallace

Hi there,

All test-drive's have been rebuilt and uploaded and the Academy pages re-designed.

Please go to the academy and try it for yourself.

Thanks

Dave