4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 6:40 AM by lynn

How do I stop Single pin nets appearing in the Netlist

Creating a PADS netlist, how do I prevent the Single Pin nets in the design appearing in the netlist?  Thanks.

Using PADS9.1 flow

• 1. Re: How do I stop Single pin nets appearing in the Netlist
          yu.yanfeng

Would  you check the file pads.ini file under the directory of ..\MentorGraphics\2007.8EE\SDD_HOME\standard, Where you can control how singal pin net be created in the netlist.  I haven't pads installed, but I guess it seems works.

In pads.ini,  the settting for singal pin net see following item:

CHKBRD _SGL_PIN_NET WRN 0  | Single pin net
                                     | 0 = Pass single pin nets to netlist
                   | 1 = Filter all single pin nets from netlist
                   | 2 = Filter single pin nets with the NET NC attribute
                   |     from netlist

Yanfeng

• 2. Re: How do I stop Single pin nets appearing in the Netlist
            lynn

Hi Yanfan,

Having read some of your replay, it seems you are an excellent expertise in PADs. I am stuck here by netlist import and have no idea where should I go. Would you mind help to figure out what the issue?

My problem is when I import a netlist into an existing layout file but the modification does not totally reflected into the layout. The impott process report a warning

" Mixing nets NEW C5 1 +5V C5 1
            C5.1 R49.1 Q11.2 U1.1 C4.1
            *Bad *CONNECTION* ascii data format, nets must contain more than one pin. Signal NEW

Warning: deleting signal NEW"

Because the new net is deleted so the flying wire still keeps original connection.

*SIGNAL* NEW
            C5.1 R49.1 Q11.2 U1.1 C4.1 is the new net and C5.1 C4.1 U1.1 was connected to +5V. The netlist looks ok.

The layout file was done by somebody else before, I am just need to change thes few of the connection. However, I am not sure what the setting or features could block netlist modification.

Please help and anybody's idea is welcome.

Thanks,

Lynn Yao

• 3. Re: How do I stop Single pin nets appearing in the Netlist
              yu.yanfeng

I guess that you forgot to delete those C5.1 C4.1 U1.1 pins in net +5V.

*SIGNAL* NEW
              C5.1 R49.1 Q11.2 U1.1 C4.1

*SIGNAL* +5V

C5.1  Q11.2 U1.1 C4 ...

*SIGNAL* Another_net_name

R49.1  ...

If you modified the netlist just like above, definitely the import fails.

Yanfeng

• 4. Re: How do I stop Single pin nets appearing in the Netlist
                lynn

Hi Yanfan,

Thanks for your reply. My netlist is created by OrCAD so it does not have duplicated ref in different net. What I figured out is the netlist import process.

If an existing file needs to be updated, the compare/ECO mode is mandatory. However, I still have some trouble using this method. There are no errors and warnings in the import process, but the connections does not release from old net name and group into the new net when I import new changes. Can you advise on this?

Another trouble I met is a SMD test point (1mm dia which have a decal) can not be moved. I am using PADs 9.1. I tried to check the properties/attribute/decal, did not find anything to hold it fixed. What can I do for this?

Thanks.

Lynn