2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 11:52 PM by gordon.briggs

Using Fablink mask gererator

gordon.briggs

We would like to use the generator to produce our solder resist masks. This seems to us what the tool is for. Unfortunately we then hit a snag; if the design has been tear dropped the tear dropping appears on the generated mask, which is not good. I logged the issue.

Question. How do i avoild getting the teardrop info included when using the mask generator to produce the solder resist mask?

Reply. There is a defect report logged against this issue but it has been closed as 'will not fix'. I will reopen the defect and link your call to that defect. There does not appear to be a workaround to the problem

My Reply. How are we supposed to use the mask generator? With this defect the tool is useless!

Silence

Gordon

• 1. Re: Using Fablink mask gererator
          Andreas.Schaefer

Hi,

it seems that you will not get a solution soon, due to the fact that your teardrops are seen as pads from the mask engine, cousing the issue.

A workaround could be:

• delete the teradrops
          • run the mask engine
          • create the dynamic teardrops again

regards,

Andreas

• 2. Re: Using Fablink mask gererator
            gordon.briggs

Hi

We are aware that this is an option, but in our design flow we verify all copper data before going to mask generation. If we produced the mask (which for a large design is a time consuming process) at an earlier stage any corrective action would require a re-run of the mask generator. It seems that an inability to exclude the teardropping within the mask generator setup is an oversight must require fixing.

Regards

Gordon.