6 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2010 1:15 PM by ken.murphy

Preloading RVE values

ken.murphy

I have a verification database that can be described as:

/home/directory/results/<myCell>/myResults/drcout.db

myCell will be variable but the remainder of the pathname is constant.

My question is:

How do I pre-load the path, with the correct "myCell", each time I open RVE?

I've tried using pre-load triggers to set MGC_CALIBRE_DB_DIR env variable but for whatever reason, it didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated,

TIA,

Merf

• 1. Re: Preloading RVE values
          chris_balcom

Hi Merf,

I think there was a problem with MGC_CALIBRE_DB_DIR in Calibre version 2009.2 and older. Could that be affecting you?

• 2. Re: Preloading RVE values
            ken.murphy

Hmmm, lemme check...LOL... yea, I guess it could be:

Calibre v2008.4_28.20

So, I'm guessing the pre-trigger attack isn't going work.  Any other ideas or am I SOL?

• 3. Re: Preloading RVE values
              chris_balcom

I may not come up with the answer myself but other people might see this and respond. What's the use model?

Are you invoking RVE from the command line, or from a menu button in a layout editor?

Do you already have a script that understands the full path you need, or will the cell name need to be pulled from a layout editor as the currently open cell?

This sounds like a good thing to solve, something that may be useful to many people.

• 4. Re: Preloading RVE values
                ken.murphy

> Are you invoking RVE from the command line, or from a menu button in a layout editor?

From a menu button in a layout editor.

> Do you already have a script that understands the full path you need, or will the cell name need to be pulled from a layout editor as the currently open cell?

It will be pulled from the layout editor as the currently open cell.  I open RVE

from the cellview I want to load results for.  As I understand, that's %L to RVE.

>This sounds like a good thing to solve, something that may be useful to many people.

Agreed.  I didn't think it'd be very difficult, but was again proven uninformed.

If there's an issue with the MGC... env variable, where does RVE get it's initial path from?

When I invoke RVE, I get part of the path (like /design/home/design in the example) correctly filled in

so it's getting it from somewhere... if I could figure out where that somewhere is, maybe I could write

some code to change somewhere to whereIwant.

Chris, I think we've crossed paths before.  Your name sounds very familiar....

• 5. Re: Preloading RVE values
                  chris_balcom

8 years ago we worked together on an issue regarding how to check for nets that were longer than a certain value. You have a good memory!

• 6. Re: Preloading RVE values
                    ken.murphy

That's right!  Your memory is much better than mine!

I try to remember people that have helped me out!  Good to "see" ya again.  Hope

things have been good!