3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2013 10:57 AM by MENTOR_Shannonk

Unable to open the Symbol Editor

judy.mitchell

When using DxDesigner 9.1, I am unable to edit schematic symbols. I right click on the symbol and select  "Edit Library Symbol" but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Unable to open the Symbol Editor
          robert_davies

There are a couple of things you can check. What does the transcript say in the output window? Any clues in there. Does the Symbol Editor application appear in the Task Manager? Does a process nse.exe show in processes. If so then the symbol editor could be outside of the screen area. Finally check you have write access to the library files (Operating System write access not DxDesigner writeable library access).

If none of these solve the problem contact your local Customer Support organisation.

Rob

• 2. Re: Unable to open the Symbol Editor
            harald.regele

I have the same problem. The symbol editor do not appear. In the output window appears:

Test_Block.1 - symbol definition updated
            Started Y:\7.9.4EE\SDD_HOME\nse\win32\nse.exe -prj  "H:\14\130902\A\IC_DSE_LogicBoard.prj" -parent dx -icdb  "H:\14\130902\A\database" -snapshot "DxD" "Test_Block.1"
            Finished Y:\7.9.4EE\SDD_HOME\nse\win32\nse.exe

Seems that the editor is started and at once closed.

Any ideas?

• 3. Re: Unable to open the Symbol Editor
              MENTOR_Shannonk

There is an issue if your Symbol Editor window has been adjusted in size (the default is maximized) - it is causing the behavior you are describing but only for Local Symbols.

TechNote mg580755 details the issue and a solution.