1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 26, 2010 1:47 AM by robert_davies

How do I set Defaul Text Size for Symbol Editor in PADS9.x flow?

ted_casper

The PADS9.x flow uses a file called mgc_nse_2007.ini to store setting for the symbol editor.  However, I cannot find any way to set the default text size.  Are these setting in another location?

Also, can the mgc_nse_2007.ini be used in the WDIR to push setting to the entire corporate user group?  (it is created by the symbol editor in the strange location of c:\documents and settings\username .)  Placing Symbolwizard.ini in the corporate WDIR directory has worked great for new symbol creation using the wizard!  However, I cannot figure out how to make the symbol editor settings work corporate wide.

• 1. Re: How do I set Defaul Text Size for Symbol Editor in PADS9.x flow?
          robert_davies

Default text size is derived from the settings in the netlist.prp file, in the prp file it is specified in inches and converted to points by the Symbol Editor. Currently we are reviewing how some of the settings files are used and where they're stored. The mgc_nse-ini file doesn't use the WDIR path in the current releases it uses the 'username' as its location. Similarly the netlist.prp file doesn't use the WDIR path but is referenced in the project file. All of these anomalies are being looked at.