7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2010 12:24 AM by Joel_Pointon

Vesys 2

ian.cox1

Hi.

In Vesys 2 how do I add a 'wire break' to the end of a wire ?

• 1. Re: Vesys 2
          Nuri

Hi Ian,

Draw the first wire instance, with just one termination.  Then find that wire in the design browser (under the conductors folder), double click on the conductor will begin the action to draw the second instance.  The wire break (or cross-reference) is automatic.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 2. Re: Vesys 2
            ian.cox1

Thanks Nuri that works.

The ablility to enter wire breaks or cross references manually would have been useful; because as per Classic the need to consider drawing space for wire break information/detailing on sheet 1 is required before drawing the other wire end on sheet 2.

• 3. Re: Vesys 2
              Nuri

Hi Ian,

I am not sure that I understand.  You can draw the wire on sheet 1, terminate it in free space (no need for a wire break symbol as needed in Classic).  When you are ready go to sheet 2 and draw the 2nd termination of that wire, the ">>" and cross reference text will appear automatically.

With VeSys 2.0 you can define the format for this cross reference, to show not only the diagram name but also the zone and connected device/pin (these texts are automatic as the user does not need to run any batch command to re-calculate the references).

Thanks,

Nuri

• 4. Re: Vesys 2
                Joel_Pointon

I think Ian maybe referring to the fact that in VeSys 2.0 you don't know how big the reference will be until you have placed it, as this is dependant on what it is connected to.  In order to keep the display text to a minimum he could do as Nuri suggested and define format for the cross reference that only contains a minimal amount of detail.

• 5. Re: Vesys 2
                  Joel_Pointon

I've just been experimenting with Wire Breaks a little further and Ian may have been referring to the fact that in VeSys Classic you manually name the Wire Breaks, i.e. WB001 which is considerably shorter than the default naming of /Wiring Design:Diagram2:PIN3/P100/PDB 5-E.  As previously mentioned this can be configured to a simpler format so this may help out to create a shorter reference.

VeSys Classic is a file based system where users have the ability to cut/copy/paste whole sheets in or out of their schematics from completely different drawing files, hence the need to have a manual update button (otherwise you get Sheet ??) it was also used as a double check that the drawing frames were named and numbered correctly.  It is possible to make this process more automated by editing any of the icons or menu commands to include the Update Sheet References command (AutoCAD lets you stack multiple commands onto a button/menu item), for one customer I helped them edit their Save button so these references were updated prior to each save.

• 6. Re: Vesys 2
                    Nuri

Joel,

Are you using an old version of VeSys 2.0? The x-reference format seems far too long, since 2009.1 the default does not include the design name.  To match VeSys Classic the format would just show the "Diagram Name", e.g. Diagram2.

Joel_Pointon wrote:

/Wiring Design:Diagram2:PIN3/P100/PDB 5-E

Thanks,

Nuri

• 7. Re: Vesys 2
                      Joel_Pointon

Yes I am running an older version it is 2009.0 although we are entitled to run up to 2009.02 so I'll look at getting the latest version.