5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2010 2:43 AM by Nuri

Vesys 2 - Scaling problems

ian.cox1

Hi.

I am creating multi page drawings. Sheet 1 is on an A1 border and with the 'wire text' set to 3.5mm Lucida Sans.

Sheet 2 is requiring three relays showned wired, so I have used '01pst-no' symbol as provided. However when I use this 'Device symbol' on an A1 border it is far too small. My problem being I do know how to 'scale' the component and if I change to an A3 border the 'wire text' appears too large (If I change the 'wire text' it will effect Sheet 1 when I 'Apply wire set to all'.

(Is it me, or does anyone else have such issues with the basics of layout design using Vesys 2 ?)

• 1. Re: Vesys 2 - Scaling problems
          Nuri

For "Sheet 2" why not use a different (smaller) border?

You can't change the scale of an electrical symbol, and as you have noticed 3.5mm text height will appear as 3.5mm text height on all diagrams/sheets.  So if you would like the symbol to appear larger you have two choices;

1-     use a smaller border

2-     or, before you create the new diagram/sheet, change the grid size in Project Preferences (File --> Project Preferences; VeSys 2.0 Design --> Diagram), so that I grid is mapped to a larger scale.

Note with option 2, the project preference is only "looked at" when a diagram is being created.  Already created diagrams can not have their grid scale changed.

I recommend option 1.  Let me know if that's good for you.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 2. Re: Vesys 2 - Scaling problems
            ian.cox1

Hi Nuri,

Thank you for your advise, but It still doesn't solve the problem.

Option 1) I did use a smaller border, A3, for sheet 2 and the 'electrical symbol'(relay) therefore was just about readable. Unfortunetly the design is far too complicated to have all drawing sheets set as small as A3. Therefore the problem remains for the part of the design where I require relays;  I appear to have a choice, either the relays are to be shown very small on an A1 border or the wire text will appear far to large on that A3 border.

Option 2) I have changed the grid scale from 10% upto 50%, yet when I insert the relay it still comes into my A1 border as small. Do I need to change the grid scale and then recreate the A1 border in 'Symbol' with the changed grid scale ?

It is difficult with the relay size being small and non-adjustable to graphically show several relays fully wired including wire links from coil to contacts without it looking a bit of a mess. The lack of certain CAD functionality such as scale,measure,stretch,extend etc on Vesys 2 Symbols is restrictive.

Best regards,

Ian

• 3. Re: Vesys 2 - Scaling problems
              Nuri

Re: your option 2) the 10% vs. 50% is snap for primative graphics, this only needs to be changed when your drawing graphics and would like higher degree of precision. Instead, I was suggesting that you change the unit of measure for your grid (see attached PDF), you can do this before you create the diagram (File --> Project Preferences --> VeSys 2.0 Design --> Diagram).  Setting each "Grid" to have a different physical size means you can maintain the text size but the electrical symbols (which are all drawn to pin grid, rather than a physical grid) will scale.

If this doesn't work then I would suggest that you raise an SR (Service Request), they'll organise a webex and try to resolve your problem.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 4. Re: Vesys 2 - Scaling problems
                ian.cox1

Hi Nuri,

Thank you for your advise.

It works, but it means that a multi diagram design will require different diagrams having various grid spacing values. My concearn is how would I or a colleague looking at my diagrams in six months time know what grid spacing each diagram was set up with.

Regards,

Ian

• 5. Re: Vesys 2 - Scaling problems
                  Nuri

I will get that fixed, so the grid used on a design can be seen.

Thanks,

Nuri

1 of 1 people found this helpful