7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 9:02 AM by Gary_Lameris

hyperlynx analog

Nigon

Hi, all

I am trying to edit/create a symbol that has proper spice model, then trying to do a hyperlynx analog simulation.

Does anyone know how to edit/create a symbol that has proper spice model ?

If anyone knows and has useful resource, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: hyperlynx analog
          Steve_McKinney

Hi Nigon,

Have you already checked out the AppNote on SupportNet that talks about setting up libraries for simulation with HyperLynx Analog?  I think this should answer your question.

http://supportnet.mentor.com/reference/appnotes/10710.cfm

Also, if you haven't been to the SupportNet site to check out the How-To's & Tutorials, there might be some useful information for you there as well:

http://supportnet.mentor.com/reference/tutorials/index.cfm?product=C115-S123-G105-P11466

-Steve

• 2. Re: hyperlynx analog
            wael_farouk

Hi Nigon,

You can also use the Simualtion Model Properties dialog to associate the model to the symbol. Starting EE7.9, (PADS 9.2) this dialog can automate the addition of all the properties needed for model association. To use it,select the symbol and right click on the Simulation Model Properties dialog, and go through the tabs.

Best Regards

Wael

• 3. Re: hyperlynx analog
              Nigon

Hi. Steve

Is there a tutorial (or even manual) that will answer my questions ?

I have looked through the supportnet, but it seems like none of them actually answered my questions.

Like I said earlier, what I am trying to do is build a circuit in schematic (Dxdesigner 9.1) and trying to simulate with hyperlynx analog.

However, the problem is that both Dxdesigner and hyperlynx analog only offer limited number of library (symbols). so I am trying to create my own symbol and do the simulation based on that.

What I found out is that I need to have spice model for my own symbol because if I don't have proper model then, the hyperlynx analog will not work.

So back to my initial question, is there any tutorial or manual that goes over what I just said in detail ? I mean, I looked through the matrerials, but none of them quite answered my questions.

Thanks in advance.

• 4. Re: hyperlynx analog
                wael_farouk

Hi Nigon,

There is no tutorial for this. But you can follow the procedure "Adding simulation Properies to components" in the user manual on http://supportnet.mentor.com/docs/201005007/docs/htmldocs/hla_user/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?context=hla_user&topic=manualtitle&accessible=true

For the model, you have to search for the Spice model on th net, if you don't find it in our Libraries.

If you find A PSpice model, you can convert it using the PSpice converter.

If you don't, and you have a datasheet, you can use the new tool SpiceGen to create a model from datasheet.You canrefer to the SpiceGen manual for this.

Best Regards

Wael

• 5. Re: hyperlynx analog
                  Nigon

Thank you very much for reply.

I will try to go through the manual and see if I can master.

By the way, you said "If you find A PSpice model, you can convert it using the PSpice converter. If  you don't, and you have a datasheet, you can use the new tool SpiceGen  to create a model from datasheet.You canrefer to the SpiceGen manual for  this."

What are PSpice converter and SpiceGen ? I assume they are programs. Do these programs come with Dxdesigner or Do I have to download from mentor graphic website or somewhere else ?

In addition, are there any tutorials or manuals available for these ?

• 6. Re: hyperlynx analog
                    Gary_Lameris

SpiceGen is an option with the Eldo Simulator and introduced in DxDesigner 7.9/ PADS 9.2.  I do not believe you are using the Eldo Simulator therefore the option will not save a model.

The PSPICE converter is in the Tools, Convert PSPICE Model Libraries.  The converter is simulator sensitive and requires the testbench to have the simulator selected before converting models.

Gary Lameris

• 7. Re: hyperlynx analog
                      Gary_Lameris

Checkout the Hyperlynx Analog Presentation in the User2User archive

http://supportnet.mentor.com/member/u2u/2008/