3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2010 12:45 AM by Satoru

efm is blocking esc key in expedition

m.soucek

Hello,

I am trying to make some improvement for expedition. My idea was create efm, so You can change some settings through the efm. And when You will work with expedition, You will leave it open ( like Display Control ). It looks like it is working well, but I have one problem - the efm is "stealing" ESC key. e.g. in route mode, when You want to cancel routing, ESC is not functional. You must use RMB. This is annoing. After closing the efm, ESC works normally again. I tried it with some other efm from AATK, and it looks the same. Is there any way, how to make the ESC key work normally in expedition with running/showing the efm ?

• 1. Re: efm is blocking esc key in expedition
          Satoru

Hello soucek-san,

Once an efm file is started, the cancellation command of an ESC key stops working.

It's difficult to avoid this.

When the ESC key was pressed, I found that command ID:60445 was outputted in CommandListener.

I made the sample which executes TerminateCommandEx Method, when command ID:60445 was outputted.

It's a little different from the cancellation command of the ESC key....

Regards,

Satoru

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: efm is blocking esc key in expedition
            m.soucek

Hello Satoru,

Thanks,this helps, but it is not preserving the exact behavior of ESC - only single ESC fully escapes route mode, You have to select route mode again to route another trace.

I already tried another way ( do not use efm, but COM/C# for my form ), but it has other problem with Expedition behavior, so I will put it into another discussion.

• 3. Re: efm is blocking esc key in expedition
              Satoru

Hello soucek-san,

I found being registered as a defect of Automation.

DR#00622139 :Expedition

DR#00625178 :BoardStationXE

But status is "Postpone"...

If you are a customer of mentor, please report to a support center.

Regards,

Satoru