1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2010 12:51 PM by george_defond

Verify Photo Settings, how to not include the entire path?

bwatson

In a prior version of PADS, I setup our default CAM settings for 2-layer, 4-layer, and 6-layer boards.  For the verify Photo file selection, it shows "Verify Photo: Layer1.pho". 

Now, I am trying to setup a new default for 8-layer boards. When I try to create a new Verify Photo for the additional layers, it brings up a window for me to select the file.  Now however (in these new verify windows), it shows:  "Verify Photo: C:\Pads Pojects\Cam..."

Does anybody know how I can go back to the old way?  The entire path method is useless for creating a template that we can all use because every project has the files in a different location.

Thanks,

Ben

• 1. Re: Verify Photo Settings, how to not include the entire path?
          george_defond

Ben:

PADS has been updated to conform to Windows conventions in the last few versions. That means that those strings are going to show up. I don't think there's a way to nail it down to being idiot-proof, but I have been using a work-around for awhile that does work. I copy the photo files into the default folder and every time I setup verify it reaches in there for the pho files. In the C:\PADS Projects\Cam\Default folder to be exact. It's a work-around. Anybody else have another way?

Best wishes,

George