5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2010 6:52 AM by dsmith1

Partlister command line arguments

dsmith1

I'm trying to configure DxDesigner 2007.9 IND to work as efficiently in our engineering environment as the older 2005.1 did.

Using 2005.1, we typically generate multiple partslists in different formats to support several downstream processes.  Using 2005.1 it was easy to create a custom Partslister .ini file, and then set-up a custom menu pick on the Tools drop-down menu, and specify a unique output file name.  Since we need to re-write pretty much every custom interface that we've developed, we are trying to simplify this and use only 2 distinct Partslister formats.  But hunting thru the DxDesigner 2007.9 IND help files & SupportNet & the Yahoo group, I can find no guidance on how to do this.

Ideally I just want to have 2 menu picks that run Partslister on the current schematic opened using one of two pre-defined .configuration (.ipl) files and produce two different output files.

I'm trying to eliminate the risk of human error by being able to predefine the Partslister options specified, config file used and the output file name created - with no user input required.

I should be able to specify all of this stuff on a command line, using the dialog boxes and/or more preferable using a batch file.

So any guidance on Partslister command line arguments would be really helpful.

• 1. Re: Partlister command line arguments
          strangd

Although I run icdbPartLinter.exe once and then use a VB script in Excel to generate several worksheets within one spreadsheet, you can use the highlighted CALL statement several times within a batch file.  In each CALL statement, change the *.ipl file and the -o ouput file name.  They should create the output files that you want.

Have fun

Dwain

dir/b "%CURRENT_PROJECT_PATH%\*.prj" >C:\wdir\BOM\BOM_1.txt
          FOR /F "eol=c tokens=1,6* delims= " %%i IN (C:\WDIR\BOM\BOM_1.txt) DO set BOM_Proj=%CURRENT_PROJECT_PATH%\%%i
          FOR /F "eol=c tokens=1,6* delims= " %%r IN (C:\WDIR\BOM\BOM_1.txt) DO CALL %SDD_HOME%\wv\win32\bin\icdbPartsLister.exe -d "%CURRENT_PROJECT_PATH%\%%r" -i "C:\wdir\BOM\Partlister_ZIN.ipl" -b "%WBLOCK%" -o "C:\wdir\BOM\%WBLOCK%.lst"
          set BOM_TXT=%WBLOCK%.lst
          set BOM_DIR=%CURRENT_PROJECT_PATH%
          set
          del C:\WDIR\BOM\BOM_1.txt
          CALL "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12\Excel.exe" "C:\wdir\BOM\ZIN_bom_seed.xls"
          del C:\wdir\BOM\%WBLOCK%.lst
          exit

• 2. Re: Partlister command line arguments
            dsmith1

Many thanks!  This helped a lot. 

Would you happen to know the command line arguments for the netlister also?

(I can't seem to find this information in the Help files or Supportnet.) 

• 3. Re: Partlister command line arguments
              strangd

Are you looking for something like:

Call C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.1EE\7.9EE\SDD_HOME\wv\win32\bin\pcbui.exe -p C:\Projects_Mentor\netlist\netlist.prj Board1 -hideresultstab pcbfwd "Schematic1" -config C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.1EE\7.9EE\SDD_HOME\standard\expedition.cfg STD
              EXIT

I don't have a complete command line breakdown for you.

Dwain

• 4. Re: Partlister command line arguments
                robert_davies

pcbfwd and pcbbck have three arguments as Dwain states, block name, configuration file and Level (generally left as STD).

Example: pcbfwd schematic1 -config pads93.cfg STD

You can also run icdb2wir to generate the wir files if necessary, icdb2wir -help will list its arguments.

• 5. Re: Partlister command line arguments
                  dsmith1

Thanks for the info.

In an attempt to improve automation and create a more standardized command line, could I replace this:

Example: pcbfwd schematic1 -config pads93.cfg STD

With this:

Example: pcbfwd $BLOCKNAME -config pads93.cfg STD

BTW, why would I need to re-create the wire files?  Does pcbfwd use them?

Many thanks for your assistance.