4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2011 3:34 AM by ian.cox1

Vesys2 - Ground terminations

ian.cox1

Hi.

I have in Schematic terminated a wire end by connecting it to a 'splice' and then connecting a 'ground symbol' to the splice.

For use in Harness I now need to assign a ring terminal to either the splice or the ground symbol; yet 'add a library part' does not work!

I have created a dummy connector part with 1 cavity in Components and assigned via the housing tab to the connector relevant terminals each with different sizes, ie red blue yellow, so Vesys should select the terminal based on cable size - Can not however prove this because I also can not see how to add/view the 'terminals' in the wire harness table(with Classic this was 'terminal 1' and 'terminal 2' columns).

Please can anyone advise.

Regards,

Ian

• 1. Re: Vesys2 - Ground terminations
          Nuri

From harness if you select the "dummy" connector then select "Cavity Component Management" you should see the selected terminal.

Does that help?

Thanks,

Nuri

• 2. Re: Vesys2 - Ground terminations
            ian.cox1

Hi Nuri,

Thank you for your reply, but I still have the following issues:

1) Using 'cavity component management' I can un-tick 'select term' and manually select the terminal part number via 'term p/n'. However I thought Vesys would automatically select the terminal part number because the terminals assigned via the 'housing' tab in Components have different CSA values assigned to them - All I see is '-'.

2) I still do not know how to add a 'library part number' to a 'ground' or 'splice' symbol. I can only add a 'library part number' to a 'connector'.

• 3. Re: Vesys2 - Ground terminations
              Nuri

1) from the CCM dialog, the terminal should be automatically selected based on the wire specification.  You only need to un-tick "select term" if you want to manually override.  Are you still having problems with this?

2) the ground device needs a harness connector that selects the ring terminal (I think you have already tried that on another discussion)

Regards,

Nuri

• 4. Re: Vesys2 - Ground terminations
                ian.cox1

Hi Nuri,

From other discussions and advise from Mike Templeman I now have an understanding of both issues 1) and 2) - ie automatic terminal selections and dummy connectors assigned via footprints on devices.

Thank you.