4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2011 7:36 PM by daiyijun

LVS error TRACE PROPERTY

chintan7

I extracted GDSII file from cadence EDI and now I am trying to use Calibre nmLVS for performing LVS. I have used nangate 45nm library.

Errors from Calibre LVS v2009.3_32.24

Error: error TRP13 on line 151 of calibreLVS.rul- no corresponding device definition for

this MASK mode TRACE PROPERTY specification statement: MN.

1 error, 1 warning (LVS report was not generated)

I removed the error infected lines just to check. So following errors were introduced either by change or they were supposed to

come later.

Error: No matching ".SUBCKT" statement for "INV_X16" at line 1651 in file

"/ad/eng/users/c/h/chintan7/

calibre_lvs/_par.v.sp"

similarly, 257 errors, 497 warnings.

Source could not be read.
      **Calibre finished with exit code 4** (LVS report was generated, uncompared face)

I have attached, 1) calibreLVS.rul file

2) lvs runset file (par.v is the netlist file, fir_filter_10kunit.gds is the extracted GDSII file and calibreLVS.rul is the rule file)

3) lvs report

Kindly help me/ guide me to remove these errors.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: LVS error TRACE PROPERTY
          chris_balcom

Hi chintan7,

I don't remember seeing this when you first posted it. Are you still having similar problems?

• 2. Re: LVS error TRACE PROPERTY
            chintan7

Hi Chris,

Yes the Trace property error still exist.

Error: error TRP13 on line 151 of calibreLVS.rul- no corresponding device definition for

this MASK mode TRACE PROPERTY specification statement: MN.

150 DMACRO FET_TRACE device_type device_name {

151 TRACE PROPERTY device_type(device_name) l l trace_delta ABSOLUTE

152 TRACE PROPERTY device_type(device_name) w w trace_delta ABSOLUTE

153 }

As I mentioned about getting .SUBCKT errors, they are removed.

There are various violations/ warnings e.g., short circuits and unattached label.

Thanks for getting back to me.

• 3. Re: LVS error TRACE PROPERTY
              chris_balcom

My experiments indicate that error is happening because the DEVICE statements in the rule file aren't the same as the TRACE PROPERTY statements in the rulefile. Here are the 8 DEVICE statements:

device mp (PMOS_VTL) pgate poly (G) psrcdrn (S) psrcdrn (D) nsub  CMACRO FET_PROPERTIES pgate nsub

device mn (NMOS_VTL) ngate poly (G) nsrcdrn (S) nsrcdrn (D) pwell  CMACRO FET_PROPERTIES ngate pwell

device mp (PMOS_VTH) hvtpgate poly (G) psrcdrn (S) psrcdrn (D) nsub  CMACRO FET_PROPERTIES hvtpgate nsub

device mn (NMOS_VTH) hvtngate poly (G) nsrcdrn (S) nsrcdrn (D) pwell  CMACRO FET_PROPERTIES hvtngate pwell

device mp (PMOS_VTG) vtgpgate poly (G) psrcdrn (S) psrcdrn (D) nsub  CMACRO FET_PROPERTIES  vtgpgate nsub

device mn (NMOS_VTG) vtgngate poly (G) nsrcdrn (S) nsrcdrn (D) pwell  CMACRO FET_PROPERTIES vtgngate pwell

device mp (PMOS_THKOX) thkoxpgate poly (G) psrcdrn (S) psrcdrn (D) nsub  CMACRO FET_PROPERTIES thkoxpgate nsub

device mn (NMOS_THKOX) thkoxngate poly (G) nsrcdrn (S) nsrcdrn (D) pwell  CMACRO FET_PROPERTIES thkoxngate pwell

But here are 10 TRACE PROPERTY statements:

CMACRO FET_TRACE MN NMOS_VTL

CMACRO FET_TRACE MP PMOS_VTL

CMACRO FET_TRACE MN NMOS_VTH

CMACRO FET_TRACE MP PMOS_VTH

CMACRO FET_TRACE MN NMOS_VTG

CMACRO FET_TRACE MP PMOS_VTG

CMACRO FET_TRACE MN NMOS_THKOX

CMACRO FET_TRACE MP PMOS_THKOX

CMACRO FET_TRACE MN NMOS

CMACRO FET_TRACE MP PMOS

(the last two are extra in this case, compared to the DEVICE descriptions, so you may want to remove the CMACRO FET_TRACE... statements or add two corresponding DEVICE statements)

I think this may only happen when the LAYOUT SYSTEM is graphical such as GDS or OASIS because the DEVICE statements are then used to create the netlist. If the LAYOUT SYSTEM is SPICE then the DEVICE statements aren't required to exist, so missing those last two shouldn't be a problem then.

Does that information make it easy enough to solve the problem permanently or are you concerned that there may someday be a netlist containing the MN(NMOS) and MP(PMOS) devices? If so, you may consider creating a few dummy DEVICE statements for those types so that the TRACE PROPERTY statements can stay intact in case you need them.

Best regards,

Chris

• 4. Re: LVS error TRACE PROPERTY
                daiyijun

hello, i have the same problem when use Calibre nmLVS for performing LVS. I have used nangate 45nm library.

Did you solve this problem successfully? how to solve it? i didn't understand chris_balcom' s solution exactly.

kindly help me

best wishes.