4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2011 2:16 AM by thomas.scharf

How do I add more points to a graphic symbol?

thomas.scharf

In VeSys Symbol, I use the Add polygon function to create a multipoint symbol (actually a busbar). I then find I've missed a spur and therefore need to add some more bending points.

If I right-click I can select the Add bending point icon. This modifies the cursor as expected to a little crosshair. When I place the crosshair on the edge of my polygon and click, nothing happens.

Alternatively I can go to Graphics > Graphics Point > Add. This doesn't work either.

If the graphic isn't selected first, the Add and Delete functions are greyed/inactive, so there doesn't seem to be much possibility for doing things in the wrong order. What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: How do I add more points to a graphic symbol?
          Nuri

Hi Tom,

When you are in the action to add new grip points, you need to click on the graphic line (not on the end) to create the new points.  If you need to extend the graphic then just stretch the segment.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 2. Re: How do I add more points to a graphic symbol?
            thomas.scharf

I've tried that. It doesn't work. I've also used shift, which theoretically allows you to create several grip points. I 've tried the same with a line and a curve. Neither works.

I then tried creating a line in VeSys. When the crosshair cursor is coincident with the line a grey square box appears to show that the line is detected. When I click on it a new grip point is created.

So it seems that this function doesn't exist in VeSys Symbol! If this is the case, this would be a major drop-off! Please try it and see if you can make it work?!

• 3. Re: How do I add more points to a graphic symbol?
              Nuri

I stand corrected.

Although I am able, using VeSys 2010.2.SP1103 to add grip points onto comment graphics within VeSys 2.0 Symbol, it seems you have stumbled across a defect in that it does seem harder than it needs to be (please create an SR for this).

I was able to insert the grip points but needed to ensure "Layout --> Grid --> Snap to Object" was selected, before attempting to add the new points.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 4. Re: How do I add more points to a graphic symbol?
                thomas.scharf

Hi Nuri,

This is indeed the solution! I haven't got time to create an SR for this. I presume that now you know about this defect, you will feed it into your list for fixing on the next service pack.

Many Thanks: Tom

PS. Having created this huge busbar symbol I now find that the selection area in VeSys seems to be a rectangular box surrounding the whole symbol. This means that I can't draw a selection box around several elements within this area which I would like to move. As soon as I try to do this my busbar symbol is selected and moves instead. I have to Ctrl click on these elements individually to be able to move them. It would be better if the select area was the same as the symbol outline.