2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2011 11:11 AM by Mike_Walsh

TCL extension not registered ?

jbaron

Hi,

I tried to run a .tcl script with mgcscript and I kept having this error:

Script file extension ".tcl" not registered

I have installed the tcl module recommended in the "PCB Automation Tutorial", which can be found at www.activestate.com. The script can be run from the "dos" command line.

In this tutorial, it is written:

"When a script runs, the script host determines the language from the script's file extension. VBScript and JScript are natvie to the script host. In the case of the other languages, the script host checks your computer's registry to determine if you have the appropriate parser/executor module available on your system"

I was wondering if someone know where the script host look in the registry? I have Windows 7 32b, maybe the registry is different then before?

Thanks and regards,

Jerome

• 1. Re: TCL extension not registered ?
          phillip.kreider

I am having the same issue with Perl (.pl) on WinXP.

• 2. Re: TCL extension not registered ?
            Mike_Walsh

jbaron wrote:

Hi,

I tried to run a .tcl script with mgcscript and I kept having this error:

Script file extension ".tcl" not registered

I have installed the tcl module recommended in the "PCB Automation Tutorial", which can be found at www.activestate.com. The script can be run from the "dos" command line.

In this tutorial, it is written:

"When a script runs, the script host determines the language from the script's file extension. VBScript and JScript are natvie to the script host. In the case of the other languages, the script host checks your computer's registry to determine if you have the appropriate parser/executor module available on your system"

I was wondering if someone know where the script host look in the registry? I have Windows 7 32b, maybe the registry is different then before?

Thanks and regards,

Jerome

mgcscript only supports VBscript (.vbs) and Jscript (.js) source.  To run a Tcl script you need to use the Tcl Wish application or the Tcl Shell application.  To connect a Tcl script to a Mentor application you need to do something like this:

package require tile

package require tcom

package require ctext

package require Tk 8.4

##  Load the Mentor DLLs.

::tcom::import "$env(SDD_HOME)/wg/$env(SDD_PLATFORM)/bin/ExpeditionPCB.exe"

::tcom::import "$env(SDD_HOME)/wg/$env(SDD_PLATFORM)/lib/CellEditorAddin.dll"

::tcom::import "$env(SDD_HOME)/common/$env(SDD_PLATFORM)/lib/PDBEditor.dll"

::tcom::import "$env(SDD_HOME)/common/$env(SDD_PLATFORM)/lib/PadstackEditor.dll"

The "tcom" package is what allows Tcl to talk to the Mentor DLLs through COM.

Mike