2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 10:02 AM by wolferm

Blind via Drill dwg etc

wolferm

Hello All,

When blind vias are used in a design how do you output data to the fab dwg itself.

I extracted 3 separate drill files two separate layer pairs of blind vias tehn the third all thru vias only.

I understand there drill table will only be ALL of the same size via including blind.

I'm being asked to create 3 drill tables on the dwg, is that possible in PADS automatically?

I did try to adjust the drill output for only blind vias and create the fab dwg twith this set that wat and of course it still only outputs ALL vias of same size.

Do you need to make these vias say 1mil diff in size say layer 1-4 vias are 7mil vias 7-10 are 8mil & vias thru are 9mil then add the note

on dwg stating they should all be 9mil due to limitations in CAD system they needed to be separate sizes to generate documentation?

How are designers handling doc output for blind vias in PADS with respect to drill tables & the fab dwg?

Thanks

Bob

• 1. Re: Blind via Drill dwg etc
          jduquette

I remember seeing a trick a while back of setting the layer 1-2 drills to 1.001mm, the 3-4 drills to 1.002mm and the thru drills to 1.003mm, etc.  That helped to separate them in the drill tables and then you can note it accordingly on the drill drawing.  I haven't worked with blind vias in PADS so that is about all I can offer.

• 2. Re: Blind via Drill dwg etc
            wolferm

Thanks for the help, I had remembered having to do that with older other systems, but with a little more digging on supportnet etc.

I found the check box I didn't see in plain site before. For some reason I saw it looking thru help didn;t see it will actually in tool.

So now it all works fine & fab house should be happy, not with 3 tables but one table with diff symbols for the 3 types of .009 via

It was right ther ein drill table set up don't know how I missed before.