3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 9:11 AM by dspargur@datamax-oneil.com

PadsLogic 9.3 and problem with disappear attributes

Jaroslaw.Ciapala

hi,

commonly I draw a schematic with visibly attr like RefDes and Value, but when I try to choose alternative symbol for part, attr Value vanish... why? it's very irritating, please help me.

• 1. Re: PadsLogic 9.3 and problem with disappear attributes
          jduquette

In Logic the attribute visibility is defined at the graphics (CAE symbol) level, not the part level.  They have to be defined for every alternative symbol.  From the part editor, select the CAE Decal Editor tool (Edit Graphics button), select a decal, and then set the attributes at that level.

If you know all of that, you might have found a bug in 9.3.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PadsLogic 9.3 and problem with disappear attributes
            Jaroslaw.Ciapala

HI,

thanks for very helpful answer it's not a bug

I'm working with PADS since 97' and always create CAE with "* Free Label 1" attribute and it was ok, I've never had such a problem like this until Mentor took Pads, then problem occured since any ver.

• 3. Re: PadsLogic 9.3 and problem with disappear attributes
              dspargur@datamax-oneil.com

Similar problem:

In PADS LOGIC 9.5, whenever I change a part type somewhere on the schematic (I do not check the box "apply to all parts of same type"), it looks like the attributes that I set to visible on the same parts elsewhere on the schematic all become invisible.

This causes a huge amount of unnecessary work in going back and resetting all the parts to have the attribute visible.

P.S: Your previous hint was helpful: I did add to the CAE Decal "Free label x", thus setting the position of the aforementioned attribute(s), so at least I don't have to readjust the positions all over again after I remake them visible.