4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2011 7:27 AM by robert_davies

How to Arrange a clear Hierarchy Viewer

yu.yanfeng

Recently I try to do apple-to-apple comparision between  Viewdraw and Concepthdl.The purpose is that I hope I can find all most-used features which in Concepthdl can be found in Viewdraw,so this help us to let designers to switch a full Expeditionpcb platfrom. addtionally to  can't color symbol instance in Viewdaw, I found no way to arrange a clear Hierachy Viewer like what in Concepthdlhdl, below is the snapshoot.   In Concepthdl , you can see a flat schemantic sheets where every block is listed with  the page info for which top sheet it is and on which top sheet paged the block 's underneath circuit be arranged .

Below is the hierachy views of Concepthdl and Viewdraw.

1.jpg

Yanfeng

• 1. Re: How to Arrange a clear Hierarchy Viewer
          robert_davies

Yanfeng,

There are various options in the setting to control what is diplayed in the Navigator. I have mine set to display hierarcy like in the attached picture (Hierarchy.png). This is done through Setup - Settings - navigator - Blocks - Hierarchical View (Label $(Name)): Sheets - Display - Always, Symbols - Display Hierarchical only (Label - ($name)), Net and Buses (do not display).

In 7.9.3 we will add the capability to see the sheet print order as in the second picture (PrintOrder.png). This shows the total sheets and their order in the print out (PDF and Print) and with my settings is represented by the number enclosed in (). So for example DMO793 - 1 (1) is the top sheet and is sheet 1, Block A - 1(5) is sheet 1 of BlockA and will be sheet 5 when printed. There will be two schemes of sheet order. Vertical and In-depth, Vertical is shown in the picture, it counts all sheets at the top level, 1 to 4 and then traverses the hierarchy block by block, the blocks can be moved in the navigator so for instance you could move BlockB above BlockA in which case BlockB sheet 1 would become sheet 5 when printed.

In-depth starts at DMO793 - Sheet1 and then progresses down the hierarchy before moving to DMO793 - Sheet 2 (see InDepth.png)

Rob

• 2. Re: How to Arrange a clear Hierarchy Viewer
            yu.yanfeng

Hi Robert,

Much thanks~. I am happy to hear that 7.9.3 will support such a flat hierarchy viewer(PrintOrder.png).

Yanfeng

• 3. Re: How to Arrange a clear Hierarchy Viewer
              yu.yanfeng

We normally use 3-levels  hierarchy. I wish 7.9.3 can support this type of hieraychy view more clear.

Yanfeng

• 4. Re: How to Arrange a clear Hierarchy Viewer
                robert_davies

Yangfeng,

This will handle multiple levels of hierarchy, the pictures were provided to show the features rather than provide too much information and confuse things.

Rob

1 of 1 people found this helpful