4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2012 9:44 PM by yu.yanfeng

Can I change 90 degree to 45 degree rotation for F2 key?

eng.same.tan

Hi, I wish to change the rotation degree from 90 degree to become 45 degree, is this possible?

If yes, how?

Appreciate and thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Can I change 90 degree to 45 degree rotation for F2 key?
          yu.yanfeng

To rotate c1 to 45 degree, you can use keyin command "rr 45 c1". If you perefer to use Fx key, you can reboud Fx key with this keyin command.

yanfeng

• 2. Re: Can I change 90 degree to 45 degree rotation for F2 key?
            ian_gabbitas

Hello,

You can change the key binding through automation, but the Action Key label would not be changed.

You also have to remember that the function of the action keys change depending on mode and command you are in. F2 may be unused when moving a component, but what does it do in Plow command?

So I would NOT recommend the default action to be configured to something other than what the label states. Instead, I would suggest you use a key modifier, something like Alt+F3 to rotate at 45 degree increments. That way, F3 rotates through 90 degrees as usual and Alt+F3 rotates the component through 45 degree increments.

There is a sample keybinding script called KeyBindings, located at:

C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.2EE\SDD_HOME\standard\examples\pcb\Automation\Scripts

It can be launched on startup if required. Check Automation Help to find out how.

You would add a line in the script such as this:

keyBindTables.AddKeyBinding "Alt+F3"," r 45", BindCommand, BindAccelerator

You can see that Alt+F3 will run the keyin command "r 45", which of course, will rotate a component (so long as it's in dynamics), through 45 degree increments.

Note that if the component is only selected and not in dynamics, then "r 45" would not work. The key binding is also global, so it would not mean much in plow or draw mode.

So change the key bindings you do at your own risk and thoroughly test your automation changes before unleashing on other unsuspecting users.

Regards,

Ian Gabbitas

• 3. Re: Can I change 90 degree to 45 degree rotation for F2 key?
              eng.same.tan

Hi all, sorry for typo error, I would like to replace the F3 key (in Place Mode) as Rotate 45 degree instead of 90 degree.

@yanfeng,

I know there has a key-in command, I just want to replace the F3 key as Rotate 45 degree instead of 90 degree.

So far, I use command "rs 45" after selected the parts.

Any ideal how to replace it with my own command for F3 key?

@Ian Gabbitas,

Thanks for your script, and I tested...it is work.

I choose:

keyBindTables.AddKeyBinding "CTRL+F3"," rs 45", BindCommand, BindAccelerator

By the way, and ideal how to replace this command to my F3 key?

I'm ok if the Action Key label still showing "rotate 90".

Appreciate and thanks.

• 4. Re: Can I change 90 degree to 45 degree rotation for F2 key?
                yu.yanfeng

I known you are familiar with the keyin command. and I have saisd that If you perefer to use Fx key, you can reboud Fx key with this keyin command.

Yanfeng