2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2012 6:19 AM by jduquette

Error 6076 in ver 9.3.1. Ref Des complains that there are missing properties, but the properties have values.

jspano

I'm having an issue with the Ref Des tool, where it complains that certain symbols do not have properties.  The properties that it complains about are DEVICE, PKG_TYPE and Geometry.Height.  When you click on the symbol for these parts, all three properties are there and valid.  I've run though are replaced these parts with the same part from the library, yet it continues to 'miss' that the values are there and valid. The parts are used across multiple schematics, yet this one schematic is the only one giving me issues. This schematic was started in 9.3, and we have recieved support for a similar issue with custom properties (internal part numbers). The support was a script that would delete the current value and replace it with the value from the library. It worked great for the internal part numbers, but when I tried it with DEVICE, PKG_TYPE and Geometry.Height it only broke more things instead of fixed them.

Any support on this would be appreciated. The help file was not very helpful, telling me I needed to insure that there were values for the properties listed.

Thanks

-- Jason

• 1. Re: Error 6076 in ver 9.3.1. Ref Des complains that there are missing properties, but the properties have values.
          Gary_Lameris

Hi Jason,

Do the properties have a specified value on the symbol level?  Unlike the Expedition flow, the PADS flow netlister defaults expect a value for properties.

symbol.png

There are 2 common methods to resolve this.

1. Add a valid value to all properties on all symbols for the PADS flow (Generally I remove all Values for symbols in the Expedition flow)
          2. Edit the PADSxxx.cfg file specified in your project settings to ignore the symbol level properties.  Since you mentioned PKG_TYPE I am referencing that line below, note the SYMCOM keyword.  This keyword tells the netlister to check both the symbol and the component and error out.  Not knowing your exact situation, might change SYMCOM to COM for the properties you are having issues with

original line  CHKVAL _NAME_CHK SYMCOM PKG_TYPE   ERR 0 "~{}*,.` \t\n\r" "" 1 40

proposed line CHKVAL _NAME_CHK COM PKG_TYPE ERR 0 "~{}*,.` \t\n\r" "" 1 40

I haven't tested this but... you could also try changing the ERR to WRN

• 2. Re: Error 6076 in ver 9.3.1. Ref Des complains that there are missing properties, but the properties have values.
            jduquette

Make sure it isn't a case issue.  The library can be case sensitive, so I've had parts come in with 'Description' or 'description' attributes when the people making parts aren't consistent.  .This gets set in Layout <Edit><Attribute Dictionary> but I question if that really works; my 'Description' attribute is listed as not 'case-sensitive' so it shouldn't have had this issue.

You are taking about DxD, right?