1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2012 2:33 AM by fill

Help me to migrate my Exp.PCB from 2005.3 to EE7.9.2

michel.bazinet

Hi Guys,

I'm currently importing a 2005.3 pcb (netlist flow) to EE7.9.2 (icdb flow) without success.  Is anyone can help me on that?

It's only my second board with EE7.9.2 which I need to migrate schematic & PCB, so yes I'm still a newbie for this one. 

Let me explain what we did;

First, the engineer converts the schematic with success from 2005.3 netlist flow to EE7.9.2 iCDB flow.

I know there is no schematic problems because I'm able to package it and import it in n empty template and everything work fine.

Now with the PCB, I import it in EE7.9 but I think it still set in netlist flow...  Anyways I'm not yet familiar with the exact mechanics on how EE works.

My main problem is that I'm unable to sync the sch with the pcb.  I tried several things.

- I convert my pcb already routed as a template, and I called the expedition through DxD.  So the tool asked me for a template and a path for the board.

Result:  It fail to load (Got these messages: "Target design has 10 metallic layers...", "Unable to find padstack 'via..' for via range 1 to 10" (That via is already in the pcb???), "Open document failed"

- I took my pcb already routed in EE7.9 and export the DesignData.  Then I ran packager from the schematic, invoke Expedition than pass it to my empty template that worked.  Then I tried to import the Design Data.

Result:  It fail to load (Got these messages: "The Open AscII to Layout DB translator failed to run", "Problem encountered while synchronizing the PCB data and schematic connectivity data in the CDB, iCDB error (CopySnapshot())

- I ran packager from the schematic; invoke Expedition than pass it through an empty template that worked.  Then I took the layout folder from my already routed pcb from Exp7.9 than replace the layout folder of the empty template that is already working and try to open the board.

Result:  It fail to load (Got these messages: "Target design has 10 metallic layers...", "Unable to find padstack 'via..' for via range 1 to 10" (That via is already in the pcb???), "Open document failed"

If you have any questions or tests to propose me, I will be glad to answer you or try your proposal.  If you need more details I also have a lot of screenshots.

Right now I'm clueless, and have to load that board very soon.  It's been a week and a half that I'm trying desperatly to do this conversion without success.  I already wrote 2 SR to Mentor, but still waiting for a valid solution.

Thank you very much.

Michel.