1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 10:53 AM by MikeD

Can you import an OrCAD design using the Linux version of DxDesigner 7.9.2?

a_whichard

Hello,

Some of our users use the Windows version of DxDesigner and some use the Linux version.  When we open a project in the Windows version, the functionality to import an OrCAD design is available.  When we open a project in the Linux version, the only imports that are available are for EDIF Netlist, EDIF Schematic and Symbols.  Does the functionality to import an OrCAD design using the Linux version of DxDesigner exist?  I appreciate any help you can give us on this issue!

• 1. Re: Can you import an OrCAD design using the Linux version of DxDesigner 7.9.2?
          MikeD

I do not believe that Linux has Third Party import tools. I would look at your installation logs and see if the Third party conversion tools were installed.

We too have both Windos and Linux users and I routinely make conversions from Altium/Protel -> Windos -> THEN open it in Linux.  I've been very successful,  but you have to use the right version of the Mentor tools.  The import utilities in some versions work better than others.....and CDB vs: Netlist makes a difference too.

md