1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2012 3:54 AM by pkarpotula

Automated generation of 'calibre' views in batch mode with SKILL script

eric.williamson

Calibre xRC v2011.1_24.16

I am in the process of developing a standard cell library. To characterize the library I need to provide someone a single file with the extracted netlists of all the cells. In the past I created a calibre view in my Cadence library running the PEX GUI for each cell which is just a schematic with parasitics. I then created a schematic containing all the cells and with a config view referencing the calibre view of each cell netlisted with Cadence Analog Design Environment. I am trying to find a way to automate generation of the calibre views in batch mode. I found the following in the 2011.1 Calibre Interactive User Guide which seemed to be exactly what I needed but was unable to create a calibre view (schematic view with parasitics) as with the GUI. I do have a SKILL script that successfully generates parasitic netlists individually for each cell where each netlist includes a .pex and .pxi file containing the parasitics but I'm trying to get all the netlists together in a single file by netlisting my schematic with all the standard cells.

So hear is the question .... Anyone got ideas on how I would generate calibre views within a Cadence SKILL script?

Creating a Calibre View in Batch Mode

You can create a Calibre View when running in batch mode with this procedure.

Prerequisites

“What You Need Before Creating a Calibre View”

on page 627.

Procedure

1. Run Calibre, either from the command interpreter or as a batch run from the shell.

To run calibre from the command interpreter, use the commands defined in the section

“Skill Functions and Global Variables for Creating a Calibre View”

on page 648.

2. Set the following Calibre View global parameters from within your Cadence icfb

session.

mgc_eview_globals->outputLibrary = "<output_lib>"

mgc_eview_globals->schematicLibrary = "<schem_lib>"

mgc_eview_globals->cellMapFile = "<path_to_cellmap_file>"

mgc_eview_globals->extViewType = <view_type>

Calibre View will use the default settings for these parameters if the values are not set.

The default setting for schematicLibrary is the value of outputLibrary.

3. If the top level schematic view is not “schematic”, set the following global variable:

mgc_eview_globals>schViewName = <top level schematic view>

See “Global Variables” on page 649.

4. Instruct Calibre View to not display the Calibre View Setup dialog box by setting the following variable:

mgc_eview_globals->showCalviewDlg = nil

5. Create the Calibre View by calling this function from the command interpreter or a Skill file:

mgc_rve_create_cellview("calibreview_netlist")

The Calibre View is written to the file calibreview_netlist.