7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2012 11:44 AM by max_clark

How to open DFMA(Result Viewer) from Valor?

Karthik.Subramaniam

Hi,

I run the  Basic  Steps in Design Process Wizard(VALOR NPI) and  i  am not  able to open the  Result  Viewer?. Anyone  attach clear  snapshot?

• 1. Re: How to open DFMA(Result Viewer) from Valor?
          sabitha.jamal

Hi Karthik

Me also tried in Design process wizard  ,but I didn't get the full functioanlity of the process wizard . I am trying this to work as well

Thanks and Regards

Sabitha

• 2. Re: How to open DFMA(Result Viewer) from Valor?
            max_clark

Karthik,

If I understand your question correctly, what you are asking is for the ability to use the previous Checklist results viewing functionality over the newer MRA results viewer with the Design Process Wizard flow.

If that is correct you can, but first you must put the wizard into "Setup" mode.  With the flow loaded into the wizard, locate under the Execute menu the Setup option.

setup.jpg

With the wizard in setup mode, press Start.

The wizard will not proceed through the steps of preparing to process a design, but in this case not really process anything.  In this mode the wizard is simply collecting what you would like the default behavior to be and there are additional screens that will appear.

One of these screens has an option to use the MRA, Checklist results or both viewing methods.  Set this results viewing option in your case to "Checklist".

checklist.jpg

Continue to through the setup.  At the end of the setup a save dialogue will appear enabling you to save the configuration.  There may be three possible options, User, System and Design Center.  The user option will save the configuration without your VALOR_HOME directory.  The System option will save the configuration for default use.  The Design Center option, if a Design Center is selected, allows you to save the configuration to be used when that particular Design Center is selected from the Engineering Toolkit before starting the wizard.  This enable different values to be used within the Design Process Wizard and will control all the default parameters, such as default EDA system, checklist to be used, etc.

After you have finshed with the Setup a flow you must go back into the Execution menu and return the mode to Standard.

Please consider that more and more functionality is being added to the MRA and is the results reviewing enviroment that Mentor is place more and more functionality into.  Not using the MRA will eventually leave your ability of reviewing DFM results behind the other traditional methods.  I encourage to consider moving to the MRA as soon as possible.

I hope this answers your question.  If not, please let me know or possibly a better solution is call upon a Mentor's Customer Service Representative to assist you further.

Regards,

Max Clark

• 3. Re: How to open DFMA(Result Viewer) from Valor?
              max_clark

Sabitha,

I hope my previous response assists you as well.  If not, may I suggest that you review the online documentation.  If you have already reviewed the documentation and still you cannot  get the Design Process Wizard to work for your needs, may I suggest that you contact a Mentor Customer Service Representative for more assistance.

Let me know if there is anything more I can do to assist you further.

Regards,

Max Clark

• 4. Re: How to open DFMA(Result Viewer) from Valor?
                sabitha.jamal

Hello Max

Yes...I hope your detail explanation is very benificial to work around through Design Process Wizard.  I  will try the suggested method and documentation level after getting the valor tool from different DFM jobs .Sure ,I will  inform if it works perfectly or any assistance is required..

Thanks and Regards

Sabitha

• 5. Re: How to open DFMA(Result Viewer) from Valor?
                  Karthik.Subramaniam

Hello  Max / Sabitha

thanks for the reply, I  want  to  open Result  Viewer  after Running  Design Process  Wizard, I  attached  Result  Viewer Snapshot,can you   explain how?

• 6. Re: How to open DFMA(Result Viewer) from Valor?
                    sabitha.jamal

Hello Karthik,

As per my understanding the attached picture is result viewer window ,if you need to save your result ,use sharelist button

Thanks and Regards

sabitha

• 7. Re: How to open DFMA(Result Viewer) from Valor?
                      max_clark

Karthik,

Now I think I understand.  Let me ask, are you using DFMA with PADS or are you using Valor NPI?

DFMA within PADS is launched through a menu pick in Layout.  This is an intergrated solution and DFMA is activated through PADS only.

If you are using Valor NPI, the Results Viewer is a slightly different reviewing enviroment to that found with the MRA.  The MRA is used with Valor NPI and not the Results Viewer.

Does this answer your question?

Regards,

Max