5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2012 9:30 PM by karthikeyan.rc

Report for Net Class / Differential Pairs

karthikeyan.rc

Hi Gentlemen,

Is it possible to extract the net length / length report of the signals which are grouped under a netclass?

I need the length report of all the differential pairs used in the design, so that I can be able to check the tolerence and the other length constraints.

Is there any techniques or VB scripts available to perform this action.

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance.

-Kart

• 1. Re: Report for Net Class / Differential Pairs
          David Ricketts

I've found the best way to deal with net length requirements is through the Spreadsheet Viewer in the Router. It's a little hard to learn how to configure it, but spend some time with it, and you'll find the viewer to be flexible enough to display any combination of net or pin pair lengths that you need. When you find a view you like, it is a simple matter to cut and paste it into an Excel spreadsheet if you want to do further calculations.

• 2. Re: Report for Net Class / Differential Pairs
            karthikeyan.rc

Thanks David for your response.

My objective is to check whether the differential pairs are it is with in the tolerance limit.

Is there any one step solution is available for this (kind of script) so that it can mimimize the time as well can be applied across the end users.

The spread sheet configuratuin from the router requires individual's interpretaion to acheive the task and I believe that can't be followed as a unique process by everyone.

• 3. Re: Report for Net Class / Differential Pairs
              David Ricketts

I understand your objective. I've done several dozens of designs matching hundreds if not thousands of differential pairs using the spreadsheet viewer as my tool, so I know the process extremely well. The viewer can be used dynamically while you're routing, or passively as a front end to Excel. It's a routing aid and a reporting tool. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by the viewer "requires individual's interpretaion to acheive the task and I believe that can't be followed as a unique process by everyone."

• 4. Re: Report for Net Class / Differential Pairs
                DenisL

I agree that the router spreadsheet is probably the best and most thorough solution - I does however have some 'learning curve' in terms of applying filters and such to get the desired display.

In LAYOUT the easiest way to to select your differential Pair(s) either individually or by selecting the net class and then typing modeless command 'QL' for Quick Length. PADS layout will immediately produce a text report of all the selected net lengths.

-Denis

• 5. Re: Report for Net Class / Differential Pairs
                  karthikeyan.rc

Thanks for the suggestions gentlemen..